Friday, July 06, 2007

Friday Five: Hasty Edition

Reverend Mother tells us of her family-induced haze these few days, with the July 4 holiday and taking time off while relatives are visiting. The haze is, indeed smoky and a bit sticky. So she encouraged us with an oldie: Today, what are you:

1. Wearing
Since I didn't get my morning workout-hoping to transfer it to the early afternoon- I am pretty comfortable in capri khaki microfiber pants, a Merlefest T-shirt of the light green variety and my dusty hiking boots I am attempting to break in some more.

2. Reading
Trying to catch up on the mountain of theology journals that are weighing down my desk. the big question is do I wade through them by group title or just by chronology...

3. Eating
Special K for breakfast... (prep for that hiking trip), yummy Mexican stew for lunch, and hopefully some grilled chicken for dinner, using some of our lovely herbs and adding home grown tomatoes with the meal.

4. Doing
Procrastinating. That is, not working on: my sermon for Sunday, the article for the local paper, my sermon for the wedding I'm performing this weekend, the article for the online 'zine, and the autobiographical statement for a program application. Oh, and not exercising yet either!

5. Pondering
Whatever moves people get up at 4am to wait in line for garage sales?

9 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hmmm. Garage sales. I have no idea! I used to do them but certainly not that early...

maybe it's all those people you see on TV who make $40K a month selling stuff on Ebay! They have to get their wares somewhere. The only IRL person I know who makes her living doing that...is a dedicated garage saler for that reason. Ick.

Cathy said...

Yeah - i don't know what gives on the garage sale folks. It's like a cult.

leah said...

How about reading the journals by date? I love your entire food list; Special K (the original) is my all-time fave cereal. Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

I hear it's the only way to get the good stuff, but you still won't find me doing it!

Jules said...

The couple of times I've held a moving sale, I've posted signs that say "No early sales" just because I hate beng disturbed by guys looking for old tools while I'm setting up.

It doesn't stop them, though.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

I'm not working hard on my sermon yet... (sigh) however I am from a long line of those 4am-ers who have the eagle eye for bargains... I think it's a genetic germ... oh or is that gem?

and thanks - really thanks for your kind words re:funeral sermon!

Teri said...

there's a 4 am?
;-)

Diane M. Roth said...

garage sales... there's something to meditate on. It's the treasure in a field, dontcha know.

how about what motivates people to have garage sales (at least more than once)

Rev SS said...

I wonder how anyone can be motivated to get up at 4 am for anything! (in other words, as Teri said "there is a 4 am?)