Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Holy Rest

Vacation: a respite or a time of respite from something: an intermission

Often times when I return home from a vacation... I'm ready for another vacation. A sort of vacation to recover from the vacation. I love to travel and explore new places, but often when I travel, I try and take as much in as possible. This, while a vacation, (because it is a time of respite from the busy pattern of my work life which tends to consume much of my social life....) is not always a time of rest.

For the first time in a long time, I returned from vacation today... rested. I reveled in this on the drive home. While I was still tired returning to a not-as-clean-as-we-should-have-left-it house, I found myself welcoming the challenges of work, church, family and all those things that will be juggled again.

What a gift.

Thank you dear friends who hosted us, laughed with us, entertained us and listened to us. It was indeed holy time and holy ground (and grounds- on those coffee porch mornings!)

No comments: