Monday, February 05, 2007

Cold, cold Mondays

A sabbath day.

It has been about 3 weeks since the last time I was able to wake up and make a lovely pot of coffee and seriously look at all the dusting, thank you notes, cleaning bits that have been put aside for almost a month.

And they will likely get done today- because while the great outdoors is absolutely beautiful from the window, the still air temperature was at -32 degrees at 8:30am. It has warmed up to -20, but still way, way to cold for outdoor recreation. Even the dog poked her head out the door when I went to let her out, and she backed away from the shocking cold.

My dear friends and congregation members tell me that after this weather, 0 degrees will feel downright balmy. Hmmm... I'll keep the shorts packed for now. But I still look forward to a generous winter. I hope it offers me ice fishing, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, warm mugs of cocoa and brilliant northern lights.

My prayer today is for all who struggle with heat and warmth in this cold, cold season. Whether they seek it physically or spiritually.

No comments: