Friday, February 09, 2007

TGIF?

Thank God it's Friday- I remember those days. The days where Friday was the goal, the release day, the gateway to the weekend.

I have some colleagues who take Fridays and their day off, and I imagine TGIF is still a big mantra for them, but for me, well Fridays are very, very different now.

1. Fridays always have the shadow of a sermon hanging over them. The sermon that needs to be started, worked on, and always the hope of finishing- that never happens, of course.

2. Fridays are often spent changing the bulletin in drastic ways because of a phone call from a member, prominent person, or music-type person in the morning.

3. Fridays are the days of wedding rehearsals, and church cleanings, and desk cleanings and other things that add to # 1 above.

While I try to thank God for every day that is given to me, and view it as a precious and wonderful gift. At least for now, I will TGI Sunday afternoon....

No comments: