Friday, February 09, 2007

TG for Friday Five!

Friday Five: American Idols

From the RevGals: In the spirit of believing you can do anything, as the auditioners so clearly do, please fill in the following five blanks.


1) If I could sing like anyone, it would be: Eva Cassidy. Wow. That woman was amazing. Her voice can lift me to a place of nirvana... if I, uh, was Buddhist.

2) I would love to sing the song: City of New Orleans - I love train songs. And I would love to be able to play a train song on the guitar.


3) It would be really cool to sing at: The Old Town School of Folk Music, Chicago.

4) If I could sing a dream duet it would be with: John Prine, or any of those great songwriters (Yes, I am on a kick of these guys right now) I think of Steve Goodman as well- to sing "The Dutchman" - even though Goodman didn't write it- it is such a beautiful song.


5) If I could sing on a TV or radio show, it would be: Austin City Limits. What an amazing place to share music.

How about you?

4 comments:

Sally said...

excellent play- Eva Cassidy is fab

Unknown said...

Love your song choice!

Clay Eals said...

Good to see your post about Steve Goodman. He often doesn't get his due. Thought you might be interested in an eight-year project of mine that is coming to fruition -- a biography of Goodman that will be published this spring. Please e-mail me at ceals@comcast.net if you would like me to e-mail you a background sheet on the book. Or check my Internet site below.

Clay Eals
1728 California Ave. S.W. #301
Seattle, WA 98116-1958

(206) 935-7515
ceals@comcast.net
http://www.clayeals.com

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

Ooh Baby, it's a big ole goofy world.