Friday, January 26, 2007

Renewal- Friday 5

It's been a while since I have done a RevGals Friday Five, and since it seems as though it will be a couple of weeks for me before a day off, perhaps dreaming about it (or sermon procrastinating about it) will help with the rest and renewal:

List four ways you like to relax or give yourself a break.
1. Looking out my front window in the morning (not too early, actually, not even remotely early) with a good cup of strong coffee, sitting with the puppy curled up next to me.

2. Reading fiction. Mmmm, fiction. I've been particularly fond of Lorna Landvik lately and her tales of life and living.

3. Snowshoeing- although the northland has seen little snow for this renewing activity this year. It is very much missed.

4. Cooking. It is wonderful to put together a full meal, plan the ingrediants and courses, create new additions to enhance the dish. It is a creative exercise for me- and it serves as a project with a beginning and (this is quite important) a completion. It is wonderful to complete a project successfully.

Then name a fifth, something you've never been able to do, a self-care dream.
5. While I am not certain if I would like it or not, having a week vacation at a spa or a place where I am not thinking, worrying, wondering, planning, etc. sounds heavenly. I have never been to a spa of any sorts. I am a little concerned I would get bored- but that's why we bring fiction!

How do you see renewal?

4 comments:

Amy said...

MMmm, those all sound really good right now.

I would say a big hear hear! I love looking out the window - even in the city it's relaxing for me. (Although the pup next to me would make me sneeze).

A spa week - I wonder - I think I could handle it very well. :)

Backwoods Rev said...

Amy,
we should explore a spa week together! I feel some continuing education coming on...

Amy said...

Oh, that sounds great! Where do you even go to begin looking for a place to do that?

This could be something really good...

Anonymous said...

I've always thought a spa vacation would be a dream come true- but only if someone else was paying for it. Otherwise I would just lay there contempating the ridiculous cost of the cucumbers on my eyes!
As a renowned penny pincher (I've been told I'm so cheap that I squeak- which I probably do :) ) I've found that the best way to truly relax is with a $12 bottle of wine (that's splurging for me!) and an assortment of cheese,crusty bread, olives, and expensive fruit! That along with a bubble bath, warm robe, and a good book (fiction of course...) is the kind of indulgence I can truly enjoy- and afford.