Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Holy Ground: Sweet Land

Films, whether Hollywood, Independent or Foreign seem to be released in a "feast or famine" trend in this society. I will go months without any one catching my eye (which could, of course be related to the fact that theater (singular) has one per week and the cinema 6 is 30 miles away) and other times, like this month, there are a whole host of films I can hardly wait to experience.

I have seen many great films in the past couple weeks, but the most wonderful was, this past Sunday in the 'big city,' Sweet Land.

This achingly beautiful film lifts up tension that was felt in the 1920s and is still felt today. The need for community, for love, for compassion and for hope is so amazingly brought together in this film.

Of course, the beautiful farmed prairie also hit my heartstrings as I was treated to images of home. If you get a chance, experience this movie.

No comments: