Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday afternoon musings

Rarely do I dare to post on Sunday afternoons... at the risk of draining an already low well of vocabulary and coherent thoughts. But today something happened, something rather extraordinary.

Now, I'm sure it's not the first time this has happened, but it was the first time I noticed it. And a few things had to happen in succession...

1. I gave a truly uninspiring sermon (due in some part to the very misplaced popular culture reference... know thy audience... it seemed like a great illustration)

2. the music was jumbled, too fast or too slow. The musicians only had time to practice just before the service.

3. The pastor (me) was tired- and that Sunday adrenaline rush never quite managed to kick in.

and

4. People still left filled, happy, commissioned, active and hopeful.

I'm so glad that this whole church thing is not about me.

No comments: