Friday, October 27, 2006

In honor of all-hallows eve....

Ghoulish Friday Five

1. Do you enjoy a good fright?
Well, actually, no. I really, really dislike being scared. Especially when I return to an empty house or drive back in the woods to sleep. Even though I understand they are funny, over the top horror flicks: keep those Friday the 13th movies. I don't need them!

2. Scariest movie you've ever seen
The very first scary move I ever viewed was actually the TV miniseries of Salem's Lot. The TV version of the Stephen King Novel. As the three of us kids watched the vampire kid scratch at the window, well, we all slept in our parents room that night!

3. Bobbing for apples: choose one and discuss:
a) Nothing scary about that! Good wholesome fun.
b) Are you *kidding* me?!? The germs, the germs!
Those of you who know me, well, I do lean toward the yuckiness factor of this activity. I have no problem if you stick your face in there, but I will not be following suit. Too much snot and spit swimming around in there.

4. Real-life phobia
I still have yet to see Arachnophobia- no need to see little bugs scurry around. Especially those of the Eight leg variety. Sadly enough that is the main thing that keeps me from sleeping under the stars these days... wondering if those creatures are scurrying into places they should not.

5. Favorite "ghost story"
As per number 1, only the funny ones. The ones that end up with the old lady ghost asking for her arm returned or some crazy thing with eyeballs in soups. Although I've always loved the story of the woman who served her abusive husband up to the officers investigating his disappearance.... is that a ghost story? maybe not. But there is a slight gory factor there, right?

1 comment:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

That was an O'Henry story. I love his stuff...always a twist at the end.