Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Holy Grounds: laughter in the halls

This week is VBS (Vacation Bible School) in our church.
It is a wonderful week of chaos, laughter, learning, singing, craziness and joy.

While I am not involved in the planning or execution of the program (we have an incredible group of volunteers from 3 area churches who spend months planning this), I have the privilege of leading a prayer from time to time, sitting with a young one who is nervous about her mother leaving for the morning, and checking in with parents as they drop off and pick up their children.

But my absolute favorite thing to do is play.

During VBS the highest goal of the week is to play.
And how often do I forget as I try to keep my weekly schedule in order, the importance of holy and beautiful play?

No comments: