Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Out of Words

For the past week and a half, I have been having a difficult time putting together sometimes even simple sentences. I think I am out of words. Hopefully, this is a temporary condition...

I am out of words for sermons, for newsletters, for reports and for letters. I steer clear of multi-syllabic words (just found the spell check on that one). I search for vocabulary match ups in conversations.

So, I am using others' words. In an effort to keep communicating, I will try and let others speak for me.

However, this will not be acceptable for the confirmation sermon that must be preached on Sunday... I hope the words come back.

3 comments:

St. Inuksuk said...

I, too, sometimes find myself drained of words. I pray. I panic.
Prayers are with you that the Holy Spirit will bring the words you need to speak to you.
((O))

Pink Shoes said...

I'm right there with you -- in that word-less place. (Which in a neat little trick is how wilderness is described in Hebrew -- the place without words. Or at least that's how I remember it.)

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

with you also. Is it something in the air? post Easter energy drain? I managed a semi-decent post. but alas the sermon, the newsletter's reflection & daily conversing... definitely in a wilderness. (also out of coffee)