Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fresh Autumn Air

Since it was and incredibly dry summer and since we are quite far north, the trees have been changing color for over two weeks already. The air has chilled enough during the day that long pants are required for most hikes, and all the plants need to be covered or brought inside at night.

But despite all of this, despite the gradual death of summer and inevitable advent of winter, autumn still is my absolute favorite time of year. The air just smells better, the sun just feels warmer, the trees just look prettier.

A walk in the woods is the perfect Sunday afternoon activity. Instead of that well-deserved nap, a hike through sweet smelling air, with the dog leading the way down the path is the best way to unwind from the Sunday morning chaos.

One can't help but hum... I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Welcome to the RevGals! I'm enjoying your posts, and I LOVE your title! Glad to have you with us on the journey.

Pink Shoes said...

Looking forward to more... Glad you found the RevGals!

Amy said...

Ooo, I can't wait for the leaves to change! I'm just enough south of you that I've got a little bit of time to anticipate the changing of the leaves.